Luxury River Cruise…
Iconic and exclusive Mekong River cruise between
French colonial Saigon and Angkor at Siem Reap…
ASIA – the adventure…
We are very excited to offer you this exclusive holiday! A classic expedition along the iconic Mekong River between French colonial Saigon and Angkor at Siem Reap. We are hiring a unique ‘luxury’ river boat and crew to journey along the Mekong Delta, with quality time at Phnom Penh and a chance to visit the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and National Museum. Our friends at Pandaw have a unique history and service record. We explore the Tonle River, visiting Kratie and experience the unique Mekong dolphins – places no other river cruise can visit.
As we have exclusive use of a river boat for our group, this expedition will offer you:
- Daily landings.
- Daily talks on aspects of history, art and culture.
- Walks through the countryside and local villages.
- Speedboat explorations and visits to cultural sites.
- Option for independent cycling explorations accompanied by a member of our crew.
- Interact with the local communities who welcome us.
- And most important is mini workshops on board and the chance to have a professional photo guide available to help you each day.
* We explore iconic river villages and communities.
* Stop at Phnom Penh where you will visit the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and National Museum.
* Explore the Tonle River, visiting a silver making village, Kampong Trolach, and Chong Koh.
* Take in the vibrant local life to be viewed along the river bank.
* Visit Kratie and the Mekong dolphins, places no other river cruise visits.
ASIA – the adventure…
Asia is a destination offering endless exploration experiences. Immerse yourself in the heartland of uniquely captivating images. In 2019 we invite you to photograph Asia through your choice of three magnificent tours:
- China’s Tribes and Landscapes – October
- China 2 – Pandas, Monkeys, Terracotta Warriors – November
- Classic Mekong Luxury River Cruise – November
Join us on this great ‘life experience’ adventure…
WHY JOIN THIS TOUR?
* We include a complete and exclusive luxury river cruise package from excellent
accommodation, to the best guides in the world.
* PLUS we include most tips and standard drinks with meals.
* We target amazing culture, landscapes and creative shoots.
* We use exclusive services from our beautiful river boat to professional captain and crew.
* We will offer unique cultural experiences.
* Our river boat allows us to offer exclusive shoots and experiences.
We split up into smaller groups to enjoy photographic space.
* Non photographic partners love our events.
* Expert professional photo guide who works hard to optimise your photo interests.
* This is our 30th year of offer amazing World Photo Adventures!
ITINERARY – to adventure…
Note that this special cruise includes quality time for workshops and shooting. We will mix the two to also offer you the chance to shoot from the deck, as the world passes you by. A special opportunity is to meet locals and photograph the essences of this lovely region. Very unique…
DAY 1 – MY THO
Please book at least one nights accommodation with our office before today. We recommend arriving early to allow for jet lag and limit flight delays.
Morning transfer to the port, embarking our Pandaw vessel in time for welcome drinks, a briefing and lunch. We sail across the vast Mekong Delta. The adventure begins! We include a workshop and offer help with your first images from the large deck of our exclusive river boat. Dinner tonight is a beautiful ‘welcome to Asia feast’ – how special… (B,L,D)
DAY 2 – SA DEC
Sampan boat excursion to Sa Dec via Vinh Long, along canals and backwaters and see the local market and the ancient house of Mr, Huyn Thuy Le, the ‘lover’ of Marguerite Duras, a famous French novelist whose book was immortalized in the film L’Indochine.
Your photo guides will offer unique suggested shoot idea’s that will help everyone from a beginner to advanced photographer. The food is great and your floating accommodation is special. (B,L,D)
DAY 3 – CHAU DOC
A mixed day that might include visiting a Moslem Cham tribal village and a cat fish farm in Chau Doc, or do your own thing and take one of our mountain bikes and explore teh local market, or the Catholic Church. Your tour leader will optimise these shoots and organise subjects to weather and conditions.
You return to the ship by boat for lunch and cast off for the Cambodian border. We suggest that you get out on deck and shoot the world going by – this will be a special opportunity with rewarding images! (B,L,D)
DAY 4 – PHNOM PENH
Whilst in Phnom Penh you will be provided with a private cyclo. The Cyclo Centre Phnom Penh which provides the cyclos is a charity that supplies basic welfare and medical services to cyclo drivers. You will visit the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and National Museum. In the afternoon, optional excursion (by coach) to the Killing Fields and the Khmer Rouge’s grim Tuol Sleng or S21 detention centre. Other activities will be offered also. (B,L,D)
The itinerary continues…